Vegan smoothies are a great way to maximise the amount of veggie goodness you can get in your day. Whether you have one for breakfast or as a pick me up during your afternoon slump, you can pack your smoothies with loads of nutrients to keep you feeling fabulous. And if you’re looking for smoothie inspiration, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve put together some delicious vegan smoothie recipes so getting your five a day has never been easier.
Just when you thought a silky, smooth mango smoothie couldn’t get any better, we’ve gone and added amazing avocados to it! This creamy vegan smoothie will make you feel like it’s summer all year round! Packed full of vitamin C and good potassium, this smoothie will fuel you for the day ahead.
1.Scoop out the avocado and put it in the blender
2. Cut up the mango, trying to get as much of the fruity goodness as possible – try and avoid that skin though!
3. Blend your fruit together with some filtered water and your almond milk until you get a smooth looking texture.
4. Next you can add in your mint leaves and grains and blend these together until it looks like everything is well mixed
5. Pour it into a glass or receptacle of your choice and enjoy your delicious creation!
We know our Nakd fruit and nut bars are packed full of goodness to enjoy wherever you fancy. But now you can enjoy them in the form of a vegan smoothie! Whether it’s in the comfort of your own home or a delicious breakfast on the go, this gingerbread smoothie recipe will have you coming back for more!
1.Break up your Nakd gingerbread bar and banana and pop it in the blender
2. Drop your spice and seeds into the mix
3. Add your almond milk and blitz away!
4. Once your smoothie is looking smooth and chunk free, you’re ready to pour it out and enjoy!
As gingerbread is a very seasonal flavour, this smoothie is the perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit For more Nakd tips on how to make your Christmas this year the best one yet, why not check out our Amazing Vegan Christmas Cooking Tips or 5 Ways to Have a Cinnamon Christmas blogs?
If you’re looking for a clever breakfast, this green smoothie bowl recipe is the one for you! Rather than drinking it, you can make this smoothie a bit thicker so you can eat it out of a bowl. Delicious, packed with nutrients and will leave your feeling fuller for longer, what more could you want?
1. Add the sliced, frozen banana and your mango to your blender
2. Cut up the avocado and add this in too
3. Pop your spinach in the blender
4. Next, you’ll want your unsweetened almond milk
5. Whizz this all up until it’s the consistency you’d like
6. Pour it out into a bowl and add the toppings of your choice and enjoy!
For added vegan protein and tasty goodness, you can throw in some almond butter to your smoothie bowl. Find out more about the health benefits of almonds to see what this superfood can do!
An acai bowl is a Brazilian dessert known as Açaí na tigela in Portuguese. It is essentially a much thicker smoothie, served in a bowl, and topped with delicious fruits. It originated in the Amazon where traditionally gorgeous berries from the Amazon rainforest would be used as toppings.
You may have seen this scrumptious, vegan smoothie dish pop up on brunch menus up and down the country. Or taking over your Instagram feed! Now it’s time to try making yourself one…
The best thing about açaí bowl recipes is that you can make them your own! All you need is frozen acai berries – a gorgeous, grape-like looking fruit native to South America. Luckily, due to acai bowls becoming a growing health trend, you can buy these exotic fruits in your local supermarkets.
Then you simply have to top of your yummy smoothie bowl with the toppings of your choice. We suggest some toasted oats, granola, nuts, seeds and some fresh fruit. You could even break up a Nakd vegan snack bar and have it on top of your açaí bowl! We recommend either the Peanut Delight bar for some extra nutty goodness or the Cocoa Coconut for an added bit of chocolate. Divine!
Now you’ve got a smoothie recipe for all occasions, jammed packed with nutrients which are sure to do your body good and keep it going for longer. If you’re looking for more delicious vegan recipes, why not check out our Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte or our Vegan Green Minestrone Soup?