Lockdown forced restaurants to adapt to reach their customers. The food delivery industry boomed. With more amazing restaurants now delivering, comes more choice of delicious food to order. Afterall, we all love a cheeky takeaway, but it wasn’t always easy to find good vegan options. Well that’s no longer the case. We have rounded up some of the best plant-based food orders on delivery apps for you to tuck into!
Vegan food delivery options
The best thing about plant-based food is that it’s not restricted to one cuisine. Whether you’ve got a hankering for Mexican food, Asian food, Italian, or good, old fashioned British grub, there will be something for you. Here are some of our faves…
- Sutton and Sons (Sutton) – We had to kick off the article with the British classic takeaway of fish and chips, minus the fish of course! Sutton and Sons offers plant-based versions of chip shop classics like banana blossom battered ‘cod’.
- Mildreds (London) – This vegan restaurant has made its mark on the plant-based foodie scene and now it has made its way onto the Deliveroo app. It’s hard to choose what to order when there is so much choice, but if we had to we would go for a hearty poke bowl!
- Cheung’s Vegan Kitchen (Bristol) – We all love a Chinese takeaway and this one is completely plant-based. This is great for vegans and flexitarians alike as there are some delicious plant-based versions of takeaway classics like vegan spring rolls and satay skewers.
- Our Kitchen (Liverpool) – What’s better on a lazy weekend morning then a Full English breakfast? Our Kitchen has created the ultimate vegan Full English including plant-based versions of British classics like black pudding. You don’t even need to leave your bed as you can order it straight to your door.
- What the Pitta (London) – A kebab is the ultimate dirty treat, and this delight is made from completely plant-based ingredients including vegan gyros and doner chip boxes.
Healthy food delivery
We often associate the word ‘Takeaways’ with unhealthy food, but that’s simply not the case anymore. There are so many healthy food delivery options on delivery apps if you want to maintain your healthy diet. Here are just a few…
- Go Falafel (Nationwide) – Falafel is a staple of the plant-based diet. You could order a falafel wrap, platter or lunchbox, or treat yourself to one of the gorgeous juices and smoothies they have on the menu.
- Açai Sisters (London) – We’re sure you have heard of acai bowls by now! These smoothie based bowls with toppings are sweeping the nation. They are a great light vegan meal option.
- Veggie Pret (Nationwide) – There are Prets solely dedicated to plant-based food as well as some great vegan options available to order from normal Prets. We recommend a Vegan Chef’s Italian Salad for a quick, healthy lunch.
The best vegan restaurants on delivery apps
Good news, some of your favourite restaurants are now making their way onto the delivery apps. If you feel like treating yourself to a night in, or perhaps you have to self-isolate, then these top restaurants have some great plant-based options:
- Wagamamas (Nationwide) – This Asian inspired restaurant has become a British high street staple! They have an extensive vegan menu, including plant-based versions of some of their most iconic dishes. We recommend ordering the Kare Burosu Ramen or Vegatsu (vegan katsu curry). Just look for the ‘vegan edit’ symbol on the delivery app.
- ASK Italian (Nationwide) – If you fancy a vegan three course meal then ASK Italian is a great place to order from. Simply filter the menu by ‘vegan’ on the app and make your selection. You could start with a vegan garlic bread, then treat yourself to their Non-Gluten Vegan Prima Pizza and finish with a Vegan Blood Orange and Chocolate Tart. Delicious!
- Smashburger (Nationwide) – One of the best burgers in the country and that’s not just coming from us, they were the finalists in the 2021 National Burger Awards! They have a great range of vegan burgers and sides under the ‘signature vegan’ section like the Avocado Club.
Grocery delivery app
Last but not least, you can now order your groceries on delivery apps. Whether it’s chucking it down outside and you don’t want to run to the shops, or you just need a few bits rather than a big food shop, ordering on the delivery app could be for you!
Delivery apps make shopping really easy by adding categories to the app as if they were aisles in a supermarket. So if you wanted to stock up your fridge with some fresh vegetables ready for a gorgeous vegan meal then simply tap the ‘fruit and vegetable’ category. Other categories include ‘dairy alternatives’ and ‘free from’ to make shopping for vegans as simple as possible.
Be sure to keep an eye out for our stockists on the delivery apps. For example, you could order a Nakd Cocoa Orange or Nakd Bakewell Tart snack bar from your local Shell garage on the Deliveroo app. Now it’s easier than ever to enjoy a gorgeous fruit and nut bar as you can get our Nakd products delivered straight to your door!
There we have it, some great plant based food options for you to order right now on the delivery app of your choice. On those days when you don’t feel like cooking, or need something quickly delivered, there are a whole range of healthy, vegan options awaiting you. You just have to answer the door and tuck in!
For even more articles on all things food and nutrition, checkout our blogs on Vegan BBQ Food, Vegan Christmas Cooking Tips and the Heart Health Benefits of Almonds.