When was the last time you took a moment to pause and reflect on where you are and where you’re going? Manifestations can help you turn your hopes and dreams into achievable goals through positive thinking.
Positive manifestations are the belief that you can turn the things you want into a physical reality by putting that desire out into the universe and attracting it to you. You can manifest anything you want from a new job, to moving house, or a new hobby, as long as you’re willing to put in the effort to make it happen. Although the idea of manifestation hasn’t always been taken seriously, the practice does help you think more positively about the situation you find yourself in.
Manifestations rely on you and the universe both putting in the time and energy to help you achieve your goals. To get started just follow these simple steps:
1. Choose what you want to manifest – Get a clear idea of a goal you want to achieve. To narrow down a focus you can brainstorm a few of your desires, before selecting the one you wish to put out into the universe
2. Manifest it – Tell the universe what you want in a number of ways such as through writing it down, visualising it or meditating.
3. Remove any blocks that might get in your way – These could be barriers that you’ve put up yourself like a negative mindset or life just getting in the way. Make sure you carve out some time in your day to solely focus on being in the moment and putting all your energy into manifesting.
4. Practical steps to achieve your goal – How are you going to achieve what you manifested? Think of some small steps you can take on the path to success.
5. Recognise what you get – Take a moment to look back and reflect on everything you have achieved. Start connecting that positive feeling of achievement to the positive thought you had at the start of your manifesting journey. Then you will start to believe that positivity can bring about positive experiences which can help you combat negative feelings and doubt.
If you’re new to creating your own manifestations there are some simple exercises you can do to work towards your goals:
There are 7 laws of attraction, with the first being the Law of Manifestation. This is the idea that positive thoughts can bring about positive experiences in your life. Also known as the Secret Law of Attraction, simply having a positive mindset is one of the best kept secrets to improving your wellbeing.
A vision board is a way for you to physically manifest what you want for the future using a collage of images, affirmations, quotes, magazine cut outs and drawings. For example, if you want to become a fashion designer then you can fill your board with your designs or if you want to move to Japan you could use photographs and Japanese writing. There are so many creative ways to represent your goals, and once you’ve achieved them, you can begin removing them off your manifestations vision board as a mark of success.
Based on the idea that meditating puts you in a positive, focused state that can help pull positivity towards you – making it a great time to manifest. You need to make sure you’re relaxed, sitting still, and focusing on your breath. When you’re ready, begin to think about your desires and see if you can visualise what the end goal may look like. After you finish meditating, start to think of practical steps you can take to make those dreams a reality.
If you’re thinking, “there’s not enough time in the day to manifest”, then have no fear because you can manifest whilst you’re sleeping. When you’re lying down in bed and beginning to relax, start to think about what goals you want to reach. As you start to get more and more sleepy, begin imagining how it would feel if you achieved these goals. Then finally, visualise what this would look like and keep that image at the front of your consciousness so that it plays in your dreams when you fall asleep.
There are lots of different ways that you can write down the things you want to manifest:
So what are you waiting for? Now that you’ve learned how to manifest, you can put these skills into practice. Who knows, by this time next year, you could be living the dream!